Metagenics UltraMeal is a clinically tested medical food designed to nutritionally support the management of conditions associated with metabolic syndrome, including central obesity, altered body composition, and insulin resistance. UltraMeal has been demonstrated to have a low glycemic index (referenced against glucose) andâ€”along with a healthy dietary program and regular exerciseâ€”is designed to support a healthy body composition. I recommend this form of UltraMeal along with a Mediterranean diet and lifestyle changes for people who are primarily concerned about weight loss. Metagenics UltraMeal:
- Promotes the loss of fat while helping to maintain lean muscle mass by providing 15 grams of protein per serving (recommended twice a day)
- Provides a low-glycemic-index meal option to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Provides L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate, the active form of folate which promotes healthy homocysteine levels for cardiovascular health.
- Supplies a good source of fiber to support gastrointestinal health.
- Dairy-free source of calcium for bone health.
Metagenics UltraMeal Plus 360Â° researched at university medical centers is a low-glycemic index medical food designed to nutritionally support the management of conditions associated with metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease. It features selective kinase response modulators (SKRMs) designed to improve fasting insulin and lipid parameters. The UltraMeal Plus 360Â° Program has been clinically tested and shown to address specific cardiovascular disease risk factors more effectively than a low-glycemic-load (LGL) eating plan and exercise alone. I recommend this form of UltraMeal for people who have both elevated cholesterol and inflammation such as elevated high sensitivity C- reactive protein (cardiac CRP or hsCRP). The published studies on UltraMeal Plus-360 show that people who use this medical food have faster results than people who use just diet alone. By using this form of Metagenics UltraMeal in conjunction with a comprehensive lifestyle program many people are able to decrease of discontinue taking their statin drugs and change their life for better health.